STUDENT MINISTRY PROGRAMS
Because of YCC’s strong commitment to the Christian faith, each student taking 9 or more credit hours is required
to become actively involved in a local evangelical church. The college desires to see each student become
consistent in church attendance, serve in a ministry of a local church, live by faith, and mature as a Christian.
This is tracked through the Student Ministries Program.
The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities to combine the student’s classroom learning experiences
with practical ministry application in the local evangelical church setting. This program provides a supervised
opportunity for the student:
- To become a servant leader.
- To develop skills in the practice of Christian ministry.
- To use the student’s service in the local church to solidify what s/he has perceived
as the call of God into professional Christian ministry.
- To help clarify the area of ministry into which the student has been called.
- Allow participating churches to become training ground for future leaders.
- Offer ministry assistance to a local church.